Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happenings

I've been so busy the last month or so since the Propeller Expo, that I haven't had a chance to update the blog. This entry will share a little of what I'm into these days.

The Unofficial Propeller Expo 2008 was a huge success! I had a great time giving away tons of Propeller related goodies. The complete after expo report is posted on the Parallax homepage, and of course there are pictures as well. I'm planning to start putting together the 2009 Expo sometime in January.

Most of my Propeller hardware projects have been placed on hold while I work on a hardcopy edition of The Propeller Cookbook. Sadly I'm only able to commit four or five hours a week to this project, so it's slow going, but I've already got around 20 projects already entered with a projected release date of January 2009. Parallax has been extremely supportive of the project and I suspect they may even stock the book when it is released.

I finally got my laptop up and running and decided to take the plunge into Ubuntu Linux. After running this for the last couple months I'm extremely impressed with it for home use and offer it now as an option for my residential customers. It has all the software that most home users want and even includes some very impressive games.

No comments: